When you need to move to another country, you usually do a bit of research before you choose which area to relocate to. If you should decide or prefer, moving to a Gated Community, there are a few things you should look into before making your final decision.
Things To Consider Before Choosing A Gated Community:
- Age Appropriate: Some gated communities require that an owner should be 55 years or older. Not yet a retirement community, but catering to a bit older people.
- Security: Are you moving to a country with a higher crime-rate, or just feeling a bit wary because of the unknown territory you are about to encounter? You should consider if you will prefer the hassle of the restricted entrance gates, and be assured of the security, or prefer a less restricted community.
- Privacy or Open View: Would you prefer to have your home inside a hedge and your own garden, or will an open front view be to your liking?
- Amenities: Most gated communities feature the basic amenities like safe playgrounds for kids, maybe a park, a recreational area, etc. There are communities that offer more, for instance, tennis courts and a swimming pool, or it can be a golf estate.
- Style of the home: Most gated communities have laws and regulations about the size and style of the homes in order to have a certain atmosphere and class. Historic, Classic, Modern or Country, etc. are all available, you just need to explore and find the right one for you.
- Price and Levies: The price you are willing to pay should be your first consideration. You should also make sure what the levies and fees are that has to be paid each month towards the Home Owners Association, etc.
It might be a good idea to find an International Real Estate Agency to help you with information regarding gated communities in the country you are moving to. They will be able to provide the information you seek and the assistance you need in making the right choice.